The assortment of vegetables makes this Cilantro Soup a beautiful meal.
Created by Crystal Ragland on July 11, 2016
- Category: Soups
- 2 Bone-in chicken breasts, cooked and deboned and diced, reserve broth
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 yellow crookneck squash, diced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 purple onion, diced
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cilantro bunch, stems removed
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 chicken bullion cube
- salt and pepper to taste
- shredded cheddar cheese
- tortilla chips or crackers
- Cook 2 chicken breasts in enough water to cover in crockpot overnight (or slowly on stovetop until tender). Salt and pepper according to personal tastes. In my experience, boiling chicken too quickly can make it tough.
- Remove chicken from broth to cool.
- Add all raw vegetables to broth, cooking until tender. Salt and pepper to taste. Add more water if needed to cover the vegetables.
- Add canned diced tomatoes and bullion cube.
- Debone chicken, dice then return diced chicken to broth and vegetables.
- Add crackers or tortilla chips and cheddar cheese and serve.
- This soup is as beautiful as it is delicious! (I try to use organic ingredients as much as possible.)
- Whole Foods has a prepackaged Cilantro Soup starter kit if you don't have time to chop your own vegetables!