This roasted chicken recipe can be multiplied for a large gathering.
Created by Crystal Ragland on July 11, 2016
- Category: Main Dishes
- 1 skin-on, roasting chicken or favorite bone-in chicken pieces
- tablespoon salt, depending on size of chicken, (You can also just wait and salt the chicken to taste after it's in the pan.)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon basil flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Mix all ingredients except chicken in a bowl.
- Spray cooking pan with Pam.
- Hand rub onto chicken/chicken parts and place in pan.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees until done, basting chicken in every 20 minutes. Remove cover for last 15-20 minutes.
- Depending on how large the chicken is or how close together the parts are arranged in the pan, cooking times will vary. My recipe says a 5 lb chicken should take about 1 3/4 hours.
- This chicken comes out beautifully. It can be prepared a day ahead and refrigerated until baked. It is also a good recipe to be made in bulk for a large crowd.